- Working in partnership with clients, we feel it is important to understand exact requirements and ensure that brand integrity is maintained at all times. This enables us to transform a brief into creative and practical solutions, delivered on time and on budget.
- Extensive in-house facilities and services ensure that Qwerk can address all client requirements – including meeting any amendments or challenges at short notice.
- Each job is allocated a project manager who acts as the main client contact throughout the process from brief to delivery and installation.
- We operate our own workshop for all timber based construction and finishing and also to undertake pre-builds prior to site installation.
- Project management, design and workshop are all under one roof.
Working in partnership with clients, we feel it is important to understand exact requirements and ensure that brand integrity is maintained at all times. This enables us to transform a brief into creative and practical solutions, delivered on time and on budget.
Extensive in-house facilities and services ensure that Qwerk can address all client requirements – including meeting any amendments or challenges at short notice.
Each job is allocated a project manager who acts as the main client contact throughout the process from brief to delivery and installation.
We operate our own workshop for all timber based construction and finishing and also to undertake pre-builds prior to site installation. Project management, design and workshop are all under one roof.
Construction & Installation
Fully equipped workshop facility with excellent access for loading and unloading materials and finished construction. Industry served professionals ensuring quality production – carpenters, electricians, decorators and labourers.
Strict stock control systems ensure that all materials used for each project are considered and appropriate – keeping waste to a minimum.
The team constructing in the workshop also responsible for installation on site – guaranteeing consistency of quality – ensuring that every aspect of the installation is completed within the timeframe allocated.
All personnel wear identifiable corporate attire and site installation is headed by an allocated site foreman with final handover by Project Manager.
The production manager constantly acts as quality control. We have a reliable and secure network of sub-contractors – partnerships built over many years – any new sub-contractors are required to complete competency questionnaires which are reviewed by both the directors of Qwerk and our H&S consultant.
We review the competency on existing sub-contractors on an annual basis.
Design & Development
- In-house design studio with design development facilities producing full detailed CAD working drawings in Vectorworks.
- Computerised and marker visuals.
- Artwork for graphic production.
- 3D walkthrough.
- Design, production and installation of a range of graphic displays and modular systems in addition to exhibition stand graphics, internal and external signage.
From the point of brief through to the delivery of a completed project, clients are able to access information regarding progress and schedule – confident in the support and professionalism of a proactive project management team.
Stringent planning processes, regulated ordering and job cost controls and meticulous attention to detail from project managers ensures that each event is executed to the highest level.
Our approach to each project is the same, irrespective of scale and scope, with the main elements of our approach being:
- A dedicated and experienced Qwerk team working on the project.
- On appointment, an early meeting with all parties to discuss any areas of concern, agree essential key deadlines and early agreement on suitable suppliers and sub- contractors.
- Hit the ground running to ensure all available time is properly used, especially on design development and prototyping.
- Material and production sampling as required.
- Open house policy to client and designer regarding visits to workshop.
- Regular meetings, with agreed actions points and continual review.
- Issue an RFI schedule to ensure decision making is kept in line with the agreed programme.
- With regard to final working drawing approval, we are used to working with the ABC method of designer approval/comment and equally we feel that with a positive period of design development.
With extensive in-house facilities, skills and experience in a number of fields, attention to detail and quality control is critical in the execution of projects
Safe & Green
At Qwerk, Health & Safety is a key factor in the success of our business. We are CHAS accredited and most of our operatives have CSCS cards. Risk Assessments and Method Statements are completed for each project – whether it is a temporary or permanent display. We are very proud of our safety record and take the welfare of our staff very seriously.
As an on-going process we are always keen to refresh training and keep up to date with current Legislation and any changes to regulations. A full copy of our Health & Safety policy is readily available on request.
Qwerk recognise that within the operation of our business – building museum galleries, exhibitions, conference and live events – we inevitably impact on the environment and are therefore committed to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such operations wherever and whenever possible.
We believe in our responsibility to care for and protect the environment and have developed a policy statement which enables us to set objectives towards environmental improvement. This is regularly monitored and measured. All employees are encouraged to understand and implement the objectives of this policy in their day to day work through communication and action.
All of our timber products are purchased from FSC certified suppliers. Chain of Custody certification is available on request.
Qwerk were founder members of The Dacorum Green Business Club, a working party on local environmental issues as an initiative sponsored by Resource Efficiency East and EEDA.